Upper Yough, 1st Saturday release weekend trip, June 16/17

Impromptu Trips, News, don't post For Sale items in this forum

Upper Yough, 1st Saturday release weekend trip, June 16/17

Postby bwarble » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:33 pm

Hello all,
Well it is that time of year when the creeks are dry but we have the benefit of human ingenuity to provide us with whitewater releases from Deep Creek Hydro. The plan is to meet at the takeout parking lot in Friendsville at 12:15 each day, with the goal of pulling out of the parking lot at 12:30. Please let me know by email, phone, or facebook that you are planning to attend and for which day/days.

If this is your first time down the UY, please give me a call so we can discuss your experience level, as we want to make sure we have a good mix of those that know the river with any that do not. I drive a green full sized truck with a cap and racks, so please find me in the parking lot if I don't know you.

Looking forward to a great weekend of paddling.
Bill
4 one 2 6 five 1 0012

billwarble@comcast.net
bwarble
Heavy User

Re: Upper Yough, 1st Saturday release weekend trip, June 16/

Postby keelhauler » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Hope to paddle both days, I'll see you at the cabin.
John Kobak
Keel-Hauler Webmaster
keelhauler
Site Admin

Re: Upper Yough, 1st Saturday release weekend trip, June 16/

Postby eskimojim » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:22 am

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 10.09.42 AM.png

We had a great high water run on Saturday. Bill had his hands full shepherding one complete UY newbie and 2 others who hadn't seen it at that level. Here is a picture of Victor taking an unscheduled "break" at a rest area (after the boof on Meat Cleaver).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eskimojim
Occasional

Return to Message Board