LY Memorial Day Weekend

Impromptu Trips, News, don't post For Sale items in this forum

LY Memorial Day Weekend

Postby NeoCowboy » Fri May 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi All,
My wife, son and I will be in Ohiopyle Memorial day weekend and I was hoping to get a loop or full lower run in on Saturday or Sunday so long as the levels aren't too high, with the new transaction fee for the LY boater pass it would be nice to have a group pre planned. If they are high maybe one of the other rivers around there like Casselman or Cheat Narrows.

Thanks,
Ethan
Ethan Kay

"Penetrating so many secrets, we cease to believe in the unknowable. But there it sits nevertheless, calmly licking its chops." - H. L. Mencken

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do suck seed." -Curly
NeoCowboy
Chatty

Re: LY Memorial Day Weekend

Postby Bing » Mon May 15, 2017 10:26 am

I may be there for Memorial Weekend and could paddle with you. Right now I am just checking to see what the weather will be like. I will also be camping with my family. We have an 8 month old, so I just want to make sure it will be warm enough and not raining the entire time. I'll post on here later next week to let you know. Would prefer full run on Saturday, on the earlier side. Will likely paddle the UY on Sunday.

*** I have my camping site reserved, so I will definitely be in the Ohiopyle area.
Brian Bing
614-949-1760
Bing
Occasional

Postby jim&jenni » Tue May 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Looks like we have a crew of 5+ going Sunday if interested as well.

Jim

jim&jenni
Occasional

Postby NeoCowboy » Wed May 24, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi Brian,
I would be good with Saturday, early is good for me too since my wife likes to sleep in and won't be boating she would rather I get up and have the afternoon to spend with her. Just wondering if it will just be you and I or do you have others going too? I've only ran the whole lower once in a Kayak at Turkey bash last year and don't have a bomb proof roll. I've run the loop a few times a year for the last 5 years so a bit more confident on it. Also waiting to see what the weather is if it rains all week I'm not sure about running it at 4+ feet.

Jim,
Any idea what time? Depending on what happens on Saturday I would probably try to get in on at least the loop section with you.

Thanks,
Ethan
440-479-7631
Ethan Kay

"Penetrating so many secrets, we cease to believe in the unknowable. But there it sits nevertheless, calmly licking its chops." - H. L. Mencken

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do suck seed." -Curly
NeoCowboy
Chatty

Return to Message Board