The cool summer in Ohio and West Virginia brought back memories of last winter’s Mexico trip. United Airlines had discontinued their direct flight from Cleveland to Cancun when they shutdown CLE as a hub. This was a deal breaker, but they decided to do direct flights to Cancun again this winter because of demand I expect.
So the trip was back on. Now where to go? We loved the trip last winter so tentatively we will try the same itinerary. Hopefully I could paddle again in the mountains of the Huasteca region near Ciudad Valles to start and end up at Xpu-ha in Quintana Roo for most of the winter.
We have completed our Mexico 2014-15 Trip Plans
Map of the Mexican portion of the trip
Here are links to the maps and travel times with details of each driving portion of the trip. What we do in between we just decide based on the weather & opportunity.
- 11/15/14 – Cleveland to Houston, visit Rich Travel Day 1-3 Map & Plans
- Enter Mexico at Los Indios near Harlingen, TX, after getting FMM & TIP the day before.
- To Rio Micos – 3-4 nights Mexico Travel Day 2 Map & Plans
- To Emerald Coast – 1 night Travel Day 3 Map & Plans
- To Catemaco – 3 nights Travel Day 4 Map & Plans
- To Silvituc – 1 night Travel Day 5 Map & Plans
- To Xpu-Ha – 20 nights Travel Day 7 Map & Plans
- Fly home for the Holidays – 11 nights – 12/20/14 – 12/31/14
- Return to Xpu-Ha for 61 more nights
- To USA Border – 3 nights Travel Day 8,9,10 Map & Plans
- Back in USA, spend some time in Houston, TX, and then in Southern LA & MS until it warms in OhioWe will update the links as we make changes and try to occasionally update this blog.
If anyone has any questions feel free to comment below or send me an e-mail.